Oct 15, 2013

The Project:

The 30 Sheep Project is my entry into the Blue Line Arts upcoming 30 x 30 show.

20 artists were chosen.
Each artist must create 30 works in a 30 day period. The pieces must measure 4 inches by 6 inches and hang on the wall.

For my entry, I decided to use a press mold I had created for another work as a jump-off point.

I'll be interpreting sheep, lambs and rams in art, folklore, literature, mythology culture and religion.

I'll use earthenware clay, and a variety of surface and firing techniques.

Finding enough ideas has been challenging, and I'm not quite there, but I need to get started, so it's going to be a crazy 30 days!
I must deliver my completed entry to the Blue Line gallery November 16, 2013.

The show will run November 21st, 2013 through December 28th, 2013.
Reception December 21st, 2013, 7:oo pm - 9:00 pm.
All works will be available for purchase individually or in groups.

I'm hoping to update this blog as each piece is complete, and will include references for each piece.

Wish me luck!
Cathi Newlin
www.CNewlin.com

Notes:

2 comments:

  1. Cathi,
    This project and the written explanations are absolutely amazing. You have nailed the project totally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... I am impressed. Such talent! I enjoyed going through your entire project and wish I could see it on display in the gallery.

    ReplyDelete